Mount Clemens - Services - Treasurer


Contact Information

Linda Kunath, Treasurer
Lori Holland, Deputy Treasurer

Treasurer's Office
City of Mount Clemens
One Crocker Boulevard
Mount Clemens, MI 48043

Phone: (586) 469-6818 ext. 1
Fax: (586) 469-7603


Millage Rates

View Assessing and Tax Information

Summer Tax Information




The City Treasurer's Office services the public and City of Mount Clemens departments by providing efficient, expedient assistance in processing funds. We will project a friendly and ethical manner as we ensure fair treatment within legal guidelines.

The City Treasurer's Office serves as the main collection point for monies owed the City and for the collection of taxes owed to other taxing entities within the jurisdiction of the City of Mount Clemens. Those entities are as follows:

  • Mount Clemens Public Schools
  • MISD
  • Macomb Community College
  • L'anse Creuse Public Schools
  • Mount Clemens Public Library
  • Macomb County
  • State of Michigan Education Tax

Payments can be made at the Treasurer's Office by mail or at Mount Clemens City Hall for the following City services:

  • Animal Licensing
  • Current Year Property Tax Bills
  • Clemcards
  • Gazebo Rentals
  • Invoices
  • Parking Permits for downtown City lots
  • Parking Tickets (After May 7, 2007)
  • Property Tax Bills
  • Special Assessments
  • Water Bills
  • Water Connection Fees

After-hours payments may be made at the night deposit box located inside Mount Clemens City Hall's main doors. When making a payment after 8 a.m. on the due date, please bring your payment directly to the Treasurer's Office, located on the first floor of Mount Clemens City Hall. Otherwise, your payment will be marked as having been received the following business day, and penalty fees may apply.


Frequently Asked Questions

How can I find out how much I owe on my taxes?

Contact the City Treasurer's Office at 586-469-6818 ext. 1.

Do you accept partial tax payment?

Yes, after July 1 for summer tax bills, and after December 1 for winter tax bills.

Do you accept payments that are postmarked with the payment due date?

Yes, for property taxes and parking ticket payments only. The postmark must be legible and dated by the due date by the United States Postal Service. Postmarks are accepted for up to seven (7) calendar days after the due date.

What are the charges for late tax payments?

Summer taxes that are not paid or postmarked by September 15 are charged a four (4) percent penalty on the unpaid balance. Winter taxes that are not paid or postmarked by February 28 are sent to Macomb County for collection.

Can I pay my taxes with a credit card or check?

Payment options include:

  •          Cash
  •          Check or Money Order, payable to: City of Mount Clemens
  •          Credit or Debit Card

How can I find out how my taxes were calculated?

Assessments of property in Mount Clemens are made annually by the City Assessor's Office. For questions about the assessment of your property, contact the City Assessor's Office at 586-469-6818 ext. 306 or link to How Property Taxes are Calculated.

I am considering purchasing a business in Mount Clemens. How can I find out if any personal property taxes are outstanding on the business?

A link on the City's homepage titled Assessing and Tax Information my be utilized to search Assessing and Tax information about a property.

How can I find out what I paid in taxes last year?

A link on the City's homepage titled Assessing and Tax information may be utilized to search Assessing and Tax information about a property.

When does the Board of Review meet?

Three times each year - in March, July and December.

Why do I pay more taxes than my neighbor when our assessed values are the same?

Taxes are calculated based on taxable value. For an explanation of how taxes are calculated refer to Tax Bills.

How do I find out if there are any special assessments on my property?

Contact the City Treasurer's Office at 586-469-6818 ext. 1.

How do I find out why I received a delinquent tax bill from the Macomb County Treasurer's Office?

Contact the Macomb County Treasurer's Office at 586-469-5190.

Is there any easy way to figure what my taxes will be if I buy a house?

Where do I purchase dog licenses?

Visit the Treasurer's Office on the 1st floor of City Hall. Please be sure to bring your dog's rabies vaccination certificate.

Can I make partial payments on my water bill?

Yes, since water bills are sent quarterly, you may divide your bill into 3 monthly payments. You will however receive a 5% penalty on any outstanding balance after the due date.

Why is my water bill so high?

Consult Do You Have a Toilet Leak? Most high-bill complaints are due to leaks inside the home.

Where is my water meter located and how do I read it?

Your water meter is in the basement near an outside wall. If you do not have a basement, it's usually near the hot water heater or under the kitchen sink. It has six digits, which are read left to right.

How do I check for leaks?

Consult Do You Have a Toilet Leak? You may also read your meter at night and check it first thing in the morning before using any water. If any numbers have changed you have a leak. Contact a plumber immediately. The City of Mount Clemens cannot adjust bills due to water leaks.

Can I obtain a second meter for outdoor use?

Yes. You may purchase a second meter through our Community Development Department, 586-469-6818 ext. 2.

Where can I pay my water bill in person?

You may pay your bill at the Treasurer's Office now located on the 1st floor of City Hall, One Crocker Boulevard. The hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, or you may use the after-hours payment box located just inside the main doors.

When I fill my swimming pool, can I call in my meter reading to avoid the sewage charges?

No. You may purchase and install a second meter for outdoor use from our Community Development Department 586-469-6818 ext. 2.

Why am I paying service charges when there is no usage?

Every household is billed for service charges whether or not usage occurs - even if the water has been turned off. These charges fund the maintenance and upkeep of the water and sewage systems.

Parking Sticker Information

  • Please place sticker in the lower windshield on the driver's side.
  • You must park at a 10 hour meter, not a 3 hour meter.
  • Sticker is only valid for the lot that it was purchased for, except for red
  • sticker holders.
  • If a sticker is lost, you will have to pay for a replacement.
  • There are no refunds for stickers once they are used.
  • Stickers are sold quarterly and can be purchased the 15th of the month
  • prior to the quarter (Example: Stickers for July, August & September can be purchased between June 15 - July 1.)

Failure to follow these guidelines will result in a parking violation.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jeff Wood, Parking Administrator, at 586-469-6818 ext. 909.