586-469-RIDE OR 586-469-7433
Dial-a-Ride: Radio dispatched, curb to curb, non-emergency, demand-response service for anyone travelling within the city limits of Mount Clemens.
Senior Shopper: Site to site service for residents of Clemens Towers, Clinton Place and Park Place Towers; this is an approximate 30-minute scheduled route for shopping and business purposes. The Senior Shopper makes stops along its route to downtown businesses, Rite Aid, Meijer/adjacent businesses. On Wednesdays, the Senior Shopper makes stops at Family Dollar, Value Center, Kroger and adjacent businesses.
Service Area: City Limits of Mount Clemens and immediately adjacent portions of Clinton Township.
Days and Hours of Service
Dial-a-Ride: Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. until 5:45 p.m.
No calls taken after 5:30 p.m.
Senior Shopper: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., Saturday 8:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
Park & Ride Bus: A bus operates Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 7:15 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. After 9:00 a.m., call 1-586-469-7433 .
Mount Clemens Dial-A-Ride is closed on these holidays:
- New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Good Friday
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
*Transportation may be cancelled or restricted because of inclement weather or hazardous driving conditions.
Reservations, Scheduling and Cancellations
To Schedule a Pick-up:
Call Mount Clemens Dial-a-Ride at 469-7433 (469-RIDE), tell the dispatcher your pick up point and your drop off point. Pick ups are scheduled as soon as possible. Passengers must be ready to board at the time they call. Thirty minutes is the standard wait time for pick-up. Wait time may be as long as one hour or more, depending on demand. (Note: Dial-A-Ride is busiest the first two weeks of the month)
Weekday advance reservation (at least 1-1/2 hour) for appointments is required.
Dial-a-Ride has a 30 minute "window" when picking up passengers. This means passengers may be picked up 15 minutes before or 15 minutes after their reservation times. Please be ready at the earliest time.
"Advanced reservations" are accepted for scheduled appointments and work only and must be renewed weekly. Missing an Advanced reservation more than once will then require a daily renewal.
- Drivers will pull up to the designated pick-up point and sound horn.
- Drivers will wait one minute (two minutes for seniors or handicappers) at designated pick-up point for passenger acknowledgement.
- Drivers will wait one additional minute for boarding.
After this amount of time, with no response, passenger is called a "No-Show". The dispatcher will instruct driver to proceed and record the time.
*Those passengers who do not cancel or are no-shows are required to pay an extra $1.00 for the missed pickup before riding again. Frequent no-shows will be subject to review for suspension of riding privileges for 30 days with additional no-show activity possibly resulting in a permanent suspension.
Designated Drop off and Pick up Locations
The following places within our service area have been designated pick-up and drop-off points:
- DHS-Main Door Facing Dunham
- McLaren Hospital (formerly "General Hospital")- Main Door, Out-Patient, or Cancer Center
- Gibraltar Trade Center - Red Door
- Mount Clemens High School - Parking Lot near Cafeteria
- Mount Clemens Public Library - Parking Lot Side
*Other Areas as determined by management.
Park & Ride Bus: $1.00 per ride to and from the "Park & Ride lot" on North River Road to the Downtown District. **Please have exact fare: The driver does not carry change**
- Full Fare (13 thru 64) - $3.00
- Seniors (Over 65) and Disabled Passengers - $1.00
- Senior Shopper - $1.00
- Youth Fare (5 thru 12) - $2.00 (All children must be accompanied by an adult (18+), 4 & under are free)
- Transfers - .25 cents (Seniors and Disabled Transfers are free)
*Medicare recipients are eligible for a discounted fare with a valid Medicare card. Seniors and people with disabilities may use a valid State of Michigan ID or Driver's License, Smart special fare ID card or Medicare card.
Monthly passes and tickets are available from Smart at 1-866-962-5515.
Mount Clemens Dial-A-Ride does not accept transfers from SMART, DDOT or Blue Water Lines.
- Drivers are allowed to make an "elbow assist" when a passenger is boarding or departing the vehicle.
- Drivers are not required to assist with packages.
- Passengers must limit their packages to what they are able to carry on in one trip or two bags.
- Drivers may refuse to transport those with too many packages.
- Passengers are required to inform the dispatcher when a wheel chair lift is required.
- Personal aides who travel with a person with disabilities will ride at the regular fare (as of 8/1/2011). This aid must be at least 18 years of age.
- A Personal aid must travel with a person with disabilities under 18 years of age.
- Personal and Service animals are allowed on the vehicles. Please inform the dispatcher.
- The driver is responsible for the safety of the passengers and the vehicle.
- The driver may offer an elbow assist to passengers boarding or departing.
- The driver may assist wheel chair users to board and depart from the lift.
- The driver is responsible to use the tie-down system to properly secure each wheel chair.
- The driver is responsible for efficient routing on site to site routes and on-time performance based on call demand.
Passenger Conduct and Responsibilities
- Passengers riding with Mount Clemens Dial-A-Ride are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is courteous and considerate of the driver and other passengers.
- Only stops that have been previously arranged are allowed.
- The driver is not allowed to schedule pick-ups or make unscheduled stops.
- All trips must be scheduled through the dispatcher.
- Passengers who are repeated no-shows or who do not cancel scheduled pick-ups may be subject to loss of service.
- All passengers must remain seated until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.
- Passengers are responsible to see that their personal items and packages are loaded and unloaded from the vehicle.
- Passengers cannot smoke, drink or eat in the vehicle.
- It is the passengers' responsibility to notify the driver if they or another passenger is injured or becomes ill while on the vehicle.
- Any conduct that endangers the safety of others will not be tolerated and may result in loss of service.
Mount Clemens Dial-A-Ride Responsibilities
- Mount Clemens Dial-A-Ride is committed to providing a safe, reliable and efficient service.
- It is responsible for abiding by all of its policies and adhering to all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations.
- To maintain an alcohol and drug-free work place.
- To see that vehicles are kept clean and maintained in a safe working order.
- Mount Clemens Dial-A-Ride is not responsible for any items left on the vehicles.
- Safety is the most important factor in providing transportation service.
- All drivers have commercial driver's licenses with a passenger endorsement.
- Drivers are required to attend classes in: Blood Bourne Pathogens, Vehicle Inspection, Defensive Driving, Wheel Chair Lift Operation and Accident Prevention.
- Drivers must have yearly physicals as required by CDL regulations.
- Drivers are subjected to pre-employment and random drug and alcohol tests.
- Driving records are continually checked by the City.
- Daily inspection is performed on all vehicles. Vehicles which fail the safety inspection are repaired before returning to service.
- Wheel chairs are properly secured using a four point tie-down system.
If an accident or emergency occurs passengers are to follow the driver's instructions.
Service may be cancelled if hazardous driving conditions occur. Every effort will be made to transport home those who have gone out with Mount Clemens Dial-A-Ride.
In case of tornado warnings, passengers will be returned home if possible. If not, they will be taken to the Mount Clemens Dial-A-Ride Office (97 Eldredge) until the all clear is given.