Sara Price, Human Resources Director
Human Resources Department
City of Mount Clemens
One Crocker Boulevard
Mount Clemens, MI 48043
Phone: (586) 469-6818 ext. 329
Fax: (586) 493-0697
The Human Resources Department has the opportunity to interact with all departments, unions and employees of the City of Mount Clemens on a daily basis. We are also pleased to have contact with residents, the public, other communities and organizations who may seek information ranging from employment opportunities, wage surveys or verifications of employment.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for the following functions:
- Employment process: recruitment, application, selection, interview, training and new hire orientation.
- Administers benefits for eligible employees and retirees.
- Completes payroll for active and retired employees.
- Participates in negotiations and day to day administration of five collective bargaining agreements.
- Maintains and complies with MiOSHA records and regulations.
- Processes employment verifications.
- Completes wage surveys for other communities.
- Oversees workers’ compensation and unemployment.
- Completes various monthly, quarterly and annual reports in accordance with Local, State and Federal laws.
- Researches, formulates and enforces personnel policies.
Current Job Opportunities
Applications are available electronically through the website or at the City of Mount Clemens, One Crocker Boulevard, Mount Clemens, MI 48043. The electronic application will download in a PDF format and it is possible to complete it on the computer. However, you must print the application in order to sign it. You can then mail the application, drop it off in person or fax it in. The application cannot be submitted through email. If your computer is having difficulty with the file, please obtain a paper application from City Hall. The City will accept completed applications only when an opening occurs as we do not keep applications/resumes on file.
Individuals who are interested in employment with the City of Mount Clemens when there is no opening may submit their name, address and the position they are interested in via email to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com or call us at 586-469-6818 ext. 318. A post card will be filled out and filed according to the job category specified. When there is an opening in that field, the post cards are mailed to the individuals notifying them of the employment opportunity.
The City of Mount Clemens will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, religion, race, color, national origin or disability. The City of Mount Clemens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
The City of Mount Clemens Volunteer Fire Department is accepting applications for Volunteer Firefighters. The following criteria must be met before an interested applicant can be considered for the position of a Volunteer Firefighter:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Possess Firefighter I Certification.
- Must be certified as a Medical First Responder.
- Possess and maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license with a good record.
- Live or work near the Mount Clemens Fire Department.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential job functions.
If candidates meet the above listed criteria, they are more than welcome to complete an application by either downloading a PDF version of the application or by obtaining one at City Hall.
Firefighter Eligibility List
The City of Mount Clemens is an Act 78 community. This means that all firefighter applicants are hired from a certified eligibility list. Candidates must pass a written exam and an oral interview to be on the eligibility list.
To schedule the written exam for this position, go to https://www.empco.net/fts and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but results of the one test will be accepted by all participating fire departments in Michigan. You must create a profile and pass the test by 4-27-18. In order to be considered by the City of Mt. Clemens, you must select “Mount Clemens” as a participating community within your EMPCO profile. EOE.
Once an eligibility list is certified, it will remain in effect for a period of two years.